Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Details
PMAY (Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana) is yet another ambitious scheme of the Narendra Modi Government. The housing scheme is launched to provide housing facility to all families by the year 2022. The scheme is aggressively implemented across India. The same is done in coordination with housing development authorities and the state governments. The applications are now accepted online in some states just with the personal details with the Aadhar card number. Many families are still homeless in almost all the states. The Prime Minster’s Awas Yojana is providing an affordable housing solution for everyone in the country. The information here discusses the features and procedure of the scheme.
The awas yojana is launched in 2015, June with an estimated completion time of 7 years. The government plans to build 2 crores houses across the country by 2022. These houses will be allotted to people from lower income groups and economically weaker sections. Pradhan Mantri awas yojana will run in three phase. In the first phase 100 cities of the country are targeted. Towards the completion of the project, almost all the cities will be covered under the scheme.
Related Article: 7th pay commission calculator
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Highlights
Here are the main features of the Pradhan Mantri awas yojana. The features will self-explain the eligibility for the scheme.
- The scheme is also known as Housing for All (Urban). A subsidy of Rs 1 to 2.30 lakhs will be granted to people from LIG and EWS of the urban cities. The subsidy will allow them to get affordable housing under this housing program.
- 5% subsidy will also be granted on interest rates for the loans taken for the yojana
- Females will be given preference in allotment of the houses.
- The allotment of the ground floors will be preferably given to different senior citizens.
- The housing enclaves under the awas yojana are to be constructed using eco-friendly technology.
- The scheme also grants an average of Rs. 1 lakh to each beneficiary.
- Financial aid of Rs. 1.5 lakh will also be provided for promotion of housing stock.
- 1.5 lakh will be given for building own house or for renovations to the eligible poor in cities
- A loan of up to Rs 6 lakh for a period of 15 years or less is available.
- The interest rate on the loan is 6.5% only.
Many cities are identified for constructions of houses in the first phase. More than 2500 cities from different states like Gujarat, Chhattisgarh, Orissa, Kerala, Madhya Pradesh, Orissa, Jharkhand and others are included. Different state governments will receive funding from the central government to implement the ‘Housing For All’. ICICI Bank and AU Housing Corporation are the private firms that will provide a loan under this Pradhan Mantri awas yojana.
PM Awas Yojana Phases
The awas yojana will be following the format of 3 phases. The phases run from the year of its inception till 2022.
- Phase I – Duration of the Pradhan Mantri awas yojana runs from April 2015 until March 2017. During phase 1, 100 cities of the country are selected for construction of homes.
- Phase II – The second phase will run from April 2017 until March 2019. Another 200 cities will be covered under this housing scheme.
- Phase III – The final phase will be from April 2019 through March 2022. The final phase will cover all the remaining cities which are not covered in earlier phases.
Now from November 2016, you can apply online for the awas yojana. The online application process is also given further.
How to Apply Online for Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana
The central government has started facilitating online application form for Pradhan Mantri awas yojana for the urban regions. The online application facility is not yet confirmed for the rural regions. The details and form will be available in Hindi language for the convenience of the users. Following are the official websites of the housing program for more details:
The official websites for awas yojana are offering complete guidelines to be downloaded in PDF format. The guidelines are available in Hindi as well English language. Applicants can also track the status of their PMAY applications by entering the name of the applicant. PMAY status can also be tracked by entering the application no.
We will be posting on new updates of the different schemes including awas yojana. Our blog covers information for 7th pay commission highlights and all other governmental schemes launched by the Prime Minister Mr. Narendra Modi. The major schemes are Jan Dhan Yojna and Suraksha Bima Yojana. Stay with us for more updates on the governmental schemes. We are sure the details shared on our blog are helping the beneficiaries of the Awas Yojana and other schemes.